I hope you know, I’m a Linux (Debian) user. So, I seldom write Windows specific posts like CCleaner – the tool I recommend to Windows users, but now I’m going to introduce a tool which is useful for Windows users only. While surfing or installing some freeware, you may install some toolbars too. That’s because some of the toolbars are included with your freeware software installer(setup). However, they have a tiny check box to uncheck it when you install . If you miss it, toolbars will be installed in your browser. Many of the surferz want to uninstall these toolbars because they get installed without our knowledge. Some toolbars are actually spyware in disguise. They will track your surfing and trade the collected data with various third-parties. These malicious toolbars also display ads on your system without your consent and add several files and registry entries to your system, which considerably harm your computer.
Anyhow, you can uninstall them by using Control Panel at anytime. However, if you want to get rid of many toolbars, hunting from Control Panel is a time consuming task. Having too many toolbars may not only clutter your browser UI, but may also affect your surfing speed & boot-up time of your browser. Let’s see how to remove many toolbars using a freeware tool named Toolbar Cleaner.
- Download Toolbar Cleaner (free)
- Close all the browsers.
- Install the cleaner and launch the Toolbar Cleaner.
- It shows the complete list of toolbars installed in your browsers.
- Select any toolbars that you want to remove or Select All, if you want to remove everything including Browser Helper Objetcs(BHO), Firefox add-ons and plug-ins & Apps from Google Chrome.
- Click Remove Selected Toolbar(s)/BHO(s) button.
- It will ask for confirmation before removing, click OK to proceed if everything is selected correctly.
- After the uninstallation is complete, restart your browser to confirm that the selected toolbars have been removed.
That’s it. Now, you are free from annoying & UI cluttering toolbars, which were presented in your browsers. If you know any similar tools, feel free to share it on comment section.